The Sibley's West family
Well, friends, we had planned for this message to be all about the great things going on at Sibley’s West and in Downtown Chandler this March.
Friday Night Live, the opening of New Square and the Hilton Garden Inn, Corvettes in the Park, the Chandler Jazz Festival, our “Tea 101” class with Chris Sossaman and, of course, Spring in Arizona!
Alas, you and your loved ones – and our team and their loved ones – are trying to figure how to go forward, how to help each other, and how to retain our great community in the face of what could be two weeks, four weeks, six weeks or more of “self-quarantining.”
Sibley’s West, the store
We love being in Downtown Chandler and wish to stay open during this situation for as long as possible, barring new information on the coronavirus.
We have cut back our hours to 10 am to 5 pm daily (11 to 4 on Sunday) for the time-being, so as to reduce manpower needs and limit exposure by staff and guests. We are taking cleanliness protections with procedures and products. (This access may end entirely, if new government standards are announced.)
However, we still have products and we still have our team!
- One new service in place is Curbside Pickup. If you do not wish to enter the store, you can phone us with your order and we can take payment by credit card over the phone.
- When the packages are gathered, we will run them out to you, either in front of Sibley’s West at 72 S. San Marcos Place or in the parking lot behind the store, behind Palettas Betty.
- You can also call us at 480-899-4480 and we can ship the items to you. We have been doing this already for our many out-of-town guests and now can do it for you. Shipping is free to Arizona residents.
- You can purchase gift cards at the store or by phone, or purchase gift certificates for Sibley’s West at sibleyswest.com.
- If you would like to see the one-of-a-kind pieces in the store – like Gary Houston’s pottery or Mark Hines’ glass works – we can email or text photos of our inventory and let you make a selection. We can then ship it to you or arrange for its pickup.
- Sibley’s West can also deliver items within a 10-mile radius of the store. We can take an order over the phone and see that it is in your hands within two days.
- Finally, with some coordination, we could offer you a Facetime tour of the store, allowing you to select the items you want and then pay for them over the phone. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if this interests you.
“Virtual” Sibley’s West
With your support over these nine years, we have been fortunate to grow our online presence, with a store at sibleyswest.com.
Our array of items is now approaching 300 in number, with more on the way!
We will continue this interaction, but we will try to do a better job of allowing you to purchase items, either online or over the phone.
Everyone – our 230 Arizona suppliers, our team and their families – would appreciate it!
The weeks ahead
It would be much easier for everyone if we knew this crisis’s end date. But life never seems to work that way.
If you are able, consider ways you might help the restaurants and shops you patronize who are now struggling with this uncertainty. Many places, including Sibley’s West, offer gift certificates or gift cards that can be used at any time.
Or perhaps share a comment on a post and send an email of support. Even the smallest touches can improve someone’s day.
In the meantime, take care of yourself, stay positive, look in on someone who might need assistance, and we look forward to seeing you at Sibley’s West in the not-too-distant future!
Michelle and John Wolfe