Jacob Cutino describes his four sauces and their uses in this video from Sibley's West.
You may have been hearing a buzz about Cutino Sauces, formerly Homeboys, in the last few months and wondered why.
It might have been the partnership between company founder Jacob Cutino and Pizzeria Bianco entrepreneur Chris Bianco.
Or the mention of Jacob's sauces by late-night host Jimmy Kimmel on Instagram.
Or maybe you met the gregarious Jacob at his spot at Pane Bianco in Downtown Phoenix.
Well, here are 10 more facts to go along with the above video:
1. Jacob was an "Army brat," born in Spain and growing up in Colorado Springs, then Denver.
2. He moved to the Valley in 2007.
3. He's done just about every job for Valley restaurants through the years -- busboy, dishwasher, line cook, manager, general manager. He was the GM at Bootleggers in Scottsdale.
4. He also worked for Fox Restaurant Concepts.
5. He started his hot sauce company, Homeboys, in March 2015 with two flavors, jalapeno and habanero. And he has been on a roll ever since.
6. Last year Bianco, who raved about the sauces on social media, and Jacob forged a plan to distribute the sauces more widely, beginning in California. As part of the plan, they changed the brand from Homeboys to Cutino Sauce Co. to feature Jacob's personality and background.
7. He's expanded his line from jalapeno and habanero to include a verde sauce. He also has seasonal offerings; the ghost pepper line from the winter is being replaced this year by a chipotle.
8. Jacob is also proud to be a part of the 7 Chef Series by Devour Phoenix.
9. Cutino Sauce Co. is a family company. His wife, Natalie, does the creative work and her sister, Cayla Snooke, does the design art.
10. Last, but certainly not least, Jacob and Natalie are expecting their first child in August. Congratulations!